ARCHIVES

LINKS

Plant Nurseries

Seed Suppliers

Societies

Garden products & services.

Posted:May 17, 2006

Start of the exotics year and blogs to come.
Depending on the weather, the weeks from mid April on mark the end of the early spring bulbs and the first signs of new growth in the exotics. Now, in mid May there are leaves opening on the Palms and new shoots coming through on Hedychiums and Cannas. Dicksonia Antarctica is also getting in on the act, with the new fronds slowly unfurling. Lets hope we have a good growing year.

Over the coming year I will be publishing blogs about growing exotic plants and some which look exotic but are hardy. This will include those that I'm growing now, those that I've tried to grow and some I've given up on. I'll be covering cultivation, propagation and after care. Where possible I'll include photos in glorious colour. ( Thanks to my all singing, all dancing NEW digital camera. Now! How do I open this box? )
Comments, criticism and suggestions are welcome ( Nothing rude or painfull please ).
If you'd like to contribute a blog, e. mail it to me and I'll put it on the site. My e. mail address is:    bhutia2006@hotmail.co.uk
Good Growing. Posted by: Mike.